Saturday 21 January 2017

Artemis Fowl and the Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer

"The tingle became an uncomfortable burning sensation in the base of her skull that quickly spread to clamp her entire head in a fiery vice."

I finally finished the series and while I commenced with vigour, that has somewhat dropped off as I've progressed. Yes, I know this is fodder for kids, that doesn't dissuade me usually. There's a sense of contractual obligation, both in my forcing myself ( in my contract with me) to finish reviewing everything I read and in the author completing the eighth and final episode.
How to tell you what happens without giving away everything?  Well, Opal Koboi is back, mad, bad and dangerous  and potentially about to destroy everything.  The Fowl family are firmly in her sights, particularly the familial home and one Artemis and his brother.
 Throw in the usual fairy crowd and settle in for one last ride.

4 out of 5 adventures all come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment