Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman

 

"Nobody came to my seventh birthday party."

 
Without doubt, the highlight of my year to date was attending a Neil Gaiman event in Sydney where he so delightfully read the first two chapters of what was then his upcoming book and has now finally been released. I have been chomping at the bit to get my hands on a copy and was definitely not disappointed.
 
 
The dulcet tones of Mr Gaiman still trilled in my ears as I opened the cover of my pristine copy and began to dive into The Ocean At The End Of The Lane. This is a delicate, strange and captivating tale, an intriguing mix of harsh realities and supernatural fairy tale like occurrences.
 
I have no wish to give anything away, other than to say that it is a delight that you will relish. 5 out of 5, dive in now.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment