Friday 22 February 2013

May I Have Your Attention Please - The Autobiography by James Corden



“The only time I ever really enjoyed school was when we were doing the school play.”




I am a massive fan of  both Gavin & Stacey and James’ work on Doctor Who and so turned aside my usual reservations about autobiographies written by people under fifty to read this. It seems to me a really decent autobiography is written when time and distance have lent a little perspective and/or the people you are going to talk about are either dead or not perturbed about the misdeeds of their youth.


The book is full of the kind of quips you would expect from any doting new father and chock to the brim with superlatives. ‘The best day of my life’ etc etc.
I wanted to like it more, but it just seemed to pull back on detail right when things got interesting.


Having said that, it is exceedingly easy to read and I finished it in about 2 hours.
One for the die-hard fans me thinks.  3 out of 5 attention starved points.

No comments:

Post a Comment